cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App - LG TV - Missing Several Options Under Entertainment Menu

Been using the service for a while, I've got two LG TVs with the same version of the Now TV app running; as you would expect they both show the same interface and we've been very happy using them....except one of them now shows a "reduced" interface when choosing the Entertainment menu option.

By that I mean when I choose the Entertainment option it no longer shows the option to browse "all channels" or "catch up" etc, in fact on the lhs of the screen it just offers:

Watch Live, Featured, Most Popular, Best TV Box Sets, Comedy, Documentaries, Drama, Entertainment, Music and Arts

I've uninstalled it and re-installed, double checked it is the same version as the other TV (v2.0.4) but the interface refuses to show the full range of options as it used to (or indeed does on the other TV).

Driving me nuts - any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 this sounds similar to issue you had. If I'm right it was Now trialling it with few people to see their reaction.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

HI @4268

Yep this sounds like the exact issue. I'm still having. I do know, however, that Roku/now TV hardware still has the full interface

I'm going to copy in @Jason-C

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

It's much the same on all three of my LG televisions and your observation became the subject of a short discussion earlier in the month, within the private area of the forum.

It turns out that the NOW TV developers are "testing a trimmed down UI with a customer segment to see how it drives viewing behaviour."

There's been no further discussion regarding upcoming changes...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All, thanks for the prompt response.

I have not hunted out the thread described, but I can imagine that not everyone sees it as an improvement....from my perspective this is represents a very poor user experience and would urge the development team to give those users being targeted an option to revert.