cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code: PL-0

New lg tv with Nowtv app. Numerous problems with it.

I have to keep signing in again. I cannot watch more than one show without connection dropping. Once I try watch another episode I get the above error.
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As you are getting issues with the NOW TV app on LG Smart TV, try swapping the WiFi channel. That should work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same error as well most of the time watching series with NowTV. It can't be the wifi of the LG TV cause it works well with Netflix and other streaming apps. It only happens with NowTV and I'm starting to have enough of it. Reset everything even the router was turn on/off but still doing the same thing. You can't watch continuously without turning off the TV and turn on again! Can you (NowTV guys) do something about it please! Awaiting for your reply
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User make sure your WiFi settings don't make it look like you are overseas and remove any VPN. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for commenting regarding my post. As I said it is working WELL with the other apps/streaming video EXCEPT with NowTV. So it has NOTHING to do with the Wi-fi connection at all! This error are being generated by NowTV and their system. Probably the main server could not keep up with the demands.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue - there doesn't seem to be a fix here? I have Hyperoptic broadband which is always *ALWAYS* fast.

It's so annoying I can't watch more than 1 programme without having to turn the TV on and off again because of the PL-0 error code. How can I fix this?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Model : 32LN578V-ZE
software version: 04.28.14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using a wired connection on my LG TV as well. I can only watch one or two episodes then the app stalls and I get the PL-0 error code. The TV can't be blamed really cuz other apps work flawlessly. I've had no problems with; Netflix, Amazon, iPlayer, YouTube, Wuaki, Curzon, Demand 5, etc. Only Now TV causes me problems. To be honest, because of these issues, it's the app I use least... so I probably won't continue my subscription.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Was there ever any resolution to this topic?  I am experiencing the same issue myself and also have hyperoptic broadboand.

Now TV technical support have told he I need to buy Now TV boxes for my two TVs to fix it...  Not something I really want to do given that one of the reasons I bought the TVs was because they have the Now TV on them.

Thanks all in advance

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber?
  • If you are an existing subscriber, when did you start having issues?
  • What's the 'model' number of your LG 'smart' television?
  • What's the 'Software Version' number? of your LG 'smart' television?
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • If you have an webOS based LG television, have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app?
  • How is your 'smart' television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers