cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has this never been fixed? Just purchased lg tv and am getting error code 2?

40UH630V 40 INCH 4K ULTRA HD SMART LED TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.  It must be confined to certain models only.  I've just bought a 49" 770V and it works fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any soultion i tried wireless and wired ?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is there any soultion i tried wireless and wired ?

Hi @Anonymous User,

First thing first... You need to make sure that your televisions software and the NOW TV app are the newest versions. And whenever possible you should always connect media playback devices to the internet using a 'wired' ethernet connection.

What I've noticed with my LG televisions (I currently have three of them) is that they have a tendancy to become unstable after a few software updates. Which can only be corrected by performing a 'Factory Reset' (which can be found via the 'Option' setting)!

Sufficed to say, a 'Factory Reset' means you'll have to re-tune all your TV channels and you'll loose all your pre-sets. So make a note of them before you give it a go!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have and error code 2 showing my now TV app via my lg tv. Other apps working as normal and currently connected via WiFi. This is occurring during programmes At various points. I only purchased this for game of thrones and have now struggled on More than one occasion To watch episodes I am now considering cancellation.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous User

Really sorry to hear that you're getting this error on your LG TV 😞

We've got our LG team looking into this right now so I've added your account for them to look into and update as they find out any new information.

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

im now also getting htis on my lg tv this is first time it has happend? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just about had enough of now tv not working. Seriously thinking of cancelling which I probably will do if things do not improve in the next week
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just to get the ball rolling, what is the model number of your LG smart TV and are you using the inbuilt NowTV app on the television or are you watching NowTV on a separate device (the more info you can provide the easier it will help to hopefully find a solution for you) .

Once you come back with this information, hopefully @SeeMoreDigital and @commanda6 will pick up your post who are more knowledgeable with LG TV's on here.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Don't know if you have read this, but there is a thread here about error 2 on LG TV's  (maybe this thread can point you in the right direction).

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/LG/Error-code-2-LG-TV/m-p/328262#M3535