cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now that xbox one has been updated (Search Xbox one October update) to include, within their oneguide, channels from apps, will the Now TV app be updated to make the most of this functionality?

Instead of opening the Now TV app, it would be brilliant to see the live channels within the xbox oneguide's channel list, and to be able to select the channel using the kinects speech functionality. For example, "Xbox, watch sky one", and the channel is presented without opening Now TV.

Competing companys, like amazon and netflix, include a channel list to promote newly added content. This would also be perfect to promote your movies package, and don't forget about upcoming sporting events.

The following paragraph has been taken from xbox's release notes.

Internet TV Apps – Apps with live TV channels can now include their TV listings within OneGuide. In addition, other Xbox TV features such as channel changing using speech and Miniguide will work with these apps. These features are enabled automatically the first time you sign into a supported app. The first app to support this feature will be Zattoo with an upcoming content update for their app. The Zattoo app is available in Germany, Switzerland, Spain and Denmark.

Food for thought...

Thank you for listening

Wayne

13 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

We think your idea's great so I've moved it over to the Your Ideas section of our Community.

We really appreciate all ideas and suggestions from our customers so if you have anymore then definitely post them over here. 😄

Thanks,

Sabrina

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had exactly the same idea. Excellently voiced. Imagine the 13 or so live channels appearing in the OneGuide alongside the Freeview tuner. I'd never stop subscribing for such an ace facility!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is exactly the functionality I want and thank you for your support towards this idea. I hope this idea gets taken on board for a future release, as like yourself, I will also keep my subscription. If they deceide to add the live movie  channels as well, then I may just upgrade my subscription.

Thank you

Wayne

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only have the Entertainment Pass at the moment but I would definitely get the Movies Pass if it included the live channels (HD would be even better). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the movie pass does have the live movie channels, but in SD. That said most of those films are in 720 via the on demand section.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I suppose its a bit of an awkward on for Sky which is always gonna result in either an expensive or a crippled service. If they add too many features (1080p, 5.1 audio, more live channels), it could take customers away from Sky TV itself, which is it's primary business. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on this? I'd love to have my favourite Now TV channels next to my favourite Freeview channels!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User hi, I was just wondering if there was any news on this? I think it would be a great addition!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User none yet - we'll always share news as soon as we have it.

Thanks,

Tom