cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix (US) has become famous partly through it's queue function, which allows users to add titles they're interested in to a virtual queue or favourites list. It's a lot easier then writing them down on a scrap of paper.

Netflix UK has oddly never implemented it, despite users repeatedly asking for it. LoveFilm also lacks this feature on their streaming apps. Now TV has 'my movies', which works like Netflix's 'last played', and can work as a queue of sorts by playing a bit of a film you're interested in. It works, but it's clunky.

So how about an 'add to queue' or 'add to my movies' button in the various Now TV apps?  Shouldn't be hard to do, but would be useful.

103 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you watch a movie it goes to the end of the list on My Movies so you have to scroll through all the movies you've watched before you can find it again, which makes it hard to use to keep track of movies you want to watch. There should be a watch list function. You should be able to delete movies from My Movies too to get rid of any you no longer want,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On of the options not available on the website that really got my attention was the fact that there was no function to create a shortlist of films you may want to watch.

Generally, when trawling through the films on offer there are a few that may take your interest so it would be useful to have the option to "add to shortlist" - you would then review the shortlist once you have made a few additions and decide which one you want to watch.

When relaxing and watching a dvd more often that not most people will have a few they set aside before making a decision. The "shortlist" would incorporate the same idea as this. The shortlist would have the usual option to modify its contents ie "delete" or "delete all". Films selected from the mass library will remain in the shortlist until watched (they would then move to the my movies section) or until deleted to create space for others.

The function described here would help the users condense the films they are actually interested in watching instead of having to navigate through all the different categories to find films. Dont really see why this couldn't be built in to the web design.

Please leave your comments and let me know what you think guys!

Ryan

Anonymous User
Not applicable

One of the options not available on the website that really got my attention was the fact that there was no function to create a shortlist of films you may want to watch.

Generally, when trawling through the films on offer there are a few that may take your interest so it would be useful to have the option to "add to shortlist" - you would then review the shortlist once you have made a few additions and decide which one you want to watch.

When relaxing and watching a dvd more often that not most people will have a few they set aside before making a decision. The "shortlist" would incorporate the same idea as this. The shortlist would have the usual option to modify its contents ie "delete" or "delete all". Films selected from the mass library will remain in the shortlist until watched (they would then move to the my movies section) or until deleted to create space for others.

The function described here would help the users condense the films they are actually interested in watching instead of having to navigate through all the different categories to find films. Dont really see why this couldn't be built in to the web design.

Please leave your comments and let me know what you think guys!

Ryan

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Currently under My Movies it shows you all titles you have watched, could this be updated to have an icon that shows which film you are currently watching (ie part watched and had to stop)

The Watch Later bit I have seen in another thread which was for the latest and greatest, so not sure if this should be in there as well. But if you do implement this, could you have an option to remove a title from the list if you no longer wish to watch it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be great if you could bookmark a movie when browsing the selection on the Xbox app by pressing a button so that you could come back to it and watch it later without looking through the categories for it again!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I love NowTV but the service has one flaw.

They really need to add a 'TO WATCH LIST' so you can bookmark a movie or several movies to watch for later.

It saves soooo much time not having to search for 'that' movie through the list again and again.

This would also provide an easy way to choose which 'saved' film to watch next.

TheGaslight

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I justwas just logged on to make this exact suggestion. I see movies all the time in the list that want to watch and it would be great to have a favourite list. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is absolutely required for any online movie viewing service. With so much content available, it is a nightmare to select what you want to view if you can't make a watch list to choose from. I've used Lovefilm and Netflix, this was sadly lacking from both their services and implementing it would put Now TV ahead of the usability game immediately.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just suggested this to the live chat team, it feels really clunky to have to make a paper list to remember the films I fancied, a wish list / watch later lsit would be great.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, this is such a basic requirement, I'm astonished it's not already there.

I'm currently using the 'My TV' section as a temporary solution, but of course that's plagued by the other big problem, not being able to delete things from it...

Great movies, shame about the system.