cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your service needs to be able to support surround sound. All other services provide this, yet yours does not. Im on a free trial, and unfortunatley wont be renewing due to this. The movie choices and access to channels is really neat and HD quality is pretty good, but the sound is a major let down when considering your main rivals all offering this...

64 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can not believe this thread has been running since 2012 complaining about no 5.1 support for the Sky movies pack, and Still nothing has been done about it! This is 2016 for Christs sake! I am a brand new customer who was completely gobsmacked to discover that Now TV don't offer sky movies in surround sound! I wont waste a penny of my money on this awful service once my voucher expires, why should I when there is so much better to be had out there and you are blatantly ignoring what your own customers are asking for! Who in their right mind would pay for this service when you can get Netflix with full 5.1 surround sound at a cheaper premium! Very very dissapointed with Now TV's movie package I'm afraid! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreeing with the rest here - surprised that surround sound / 5.1 isn't available.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another in favour of surround sound. Cannot see myself continuing with the service above other options when half of the experience is crippled.

Shame.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Another in favour of surround sound. Cannot see myself continuing with the service above other options when half of the experience is crippled..

Hmmm... Currently I run the audio from the NOW TV box to my surround sound amplifier and use one of its 'Prologic' processing options... So I'd hardly say the experience is "crippled" 😉
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital , but a lot of people don't have proper AV receivers. You would be surprised at the amount of people that have those cheaper DVD/Blu-ray player 5.1 all in one systems and these often don't have ProLogic processing options

I recently brought one of these AV receivers. But before that I had a Yamaha RXV 675

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Jeez...

Even the cheapo LG 'all-in-one' DVD player system I gave to one of my kids five years ago offered a bunch of processing options 😉

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital Kudos to LG, then because I know some don't have much in the way of processing options

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I've had quite a few of these devices sent to me over the years, including a Samsung, Pioneer and I've just remembered I still have a Panasonic SA-PT480. All of them offer audio processing. I wonder which ones you've seen that don't?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

You know it's strange when we had an LG all in one system a long while ago now. It did hardly anything in the way of processing. Unless we completely missed the functionality Smiley Indifferent 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is exactly why I haven't renewed my movie package. I want a full movie experience when watching a film!