cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just joined NowTV, basically because of GoT, and I am terribly disappointed to learn that you don't suppor subtitles. Sorry, but Nowadays offering subtitles is a clear MUST. 

NowTV has an excelent content catalogue, but not having subtitles is a serious negative point. You really should sort this out soon, or you will miss audience.

I see comments dated from 2012! too bad, as it means you are not taking that seriously ... so I would be returning to Netflix after GoT season finishes ...

cheers,

David

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please, I also need subtitles. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User: My sources suggests it is not difficult at all to find subtitles from 'unoffiical' sources for Game of Thrones. Are you looking for a particular language? For the first episode of Season 6 they are readily available for English, French, German, Italian, Russian, etc.

If you want to try to watch it legally online with subtitles, you could use Now TV on your computer and then overlay the subtitles using something like Penguin Subtitle Player: https://github.com/carsonip/Penguin-Subtitle-Player

However you will need to adjust/resync the subtitles for Now TV's annoying 'inserts' (I presume they still have these, unlike decent online offerings like Netflix or Amazon Prime).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm quite shocked that there's no subtitle option, very unfair on the hard of hearing.

Not to mention you must be losing a lot of business for such a small feature!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apparently Now TV may finally be getting subtitles by end of 2016:

https://www.change.org/p/sky-enable-subtitles-for-ondemand/u/16498967

So just the 4 years or so to implement such basic functionality.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's good News.... I'm watching that space and when my free trial ends I shall be cancelling until those subtitles are available.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot believe that in the year 2016 sky produce a system which is clearly discriminatory. But for being hard of hearing I could use Now TV I am surprised you have been able to legally do this and I cannot imagine what your legal department was thinking of. Whether intentional or not this is disciminatory and ought to be addressed with existing sets updated to provide subtitles ASAP.  A very disillusioned customer

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't believe that this discussion has been going on for years (see posts on page 1) and nothing has been done regarding subtitles. I want to stay with Now TV as there is a lot here, but, I have difficulty hearing it and need subtitles to make sense of plots etc. Shame on you for not providing this service

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

Have a read of the post above yours 🙂

Andy