cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hello. so to catch up on forum talk... speaking for my husband. who is completly deaf.... subtitles on every channel , film, box set is required... has this been sorted now or who shall i go with

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Shockingly there is still no official support for subtitles on Now TV, no. I cancelled my subscription due in large part to this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thankyou very much for replying. i best keep looking then

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Please please guys add subtitles. Potentially you are much better than your competitors, would cancel Netflix immediately if you added this feature.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't believe that NOWtv don't transmit subtitles.  I would have thought they would be termed a 'Reasonable Adjustment" under the terms of the Equality Act 2010 and I am surprised no customer has yet claimed discrimination. I am not disabled so I could not complain personally. 

I have some hearing loss myself so would like subtitles to help myself where accents or dialogue is not clear, and also so that I can enjoy NOWtv with friends who have more severe hearing loss. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Seriously NOW TV its 2015 nearly 2016 ...... NO SUBTITLES!!!!!! You dont show/state this in the box or your advert from what I can see ..... I would love to be able to see if this is actually classed as discrimination in this day and age!!!! My lovely hubby purchased a box for me as a present today ...... All excited I set it up only to be utterly disappointed after setup WHY WNY WHY do t you tell people on the outer box that you do not have this feature ...... What a waste of time/money for us and by the comments here and elsewhere online what a missed opportunity for you as a company ..... Poor show NOW TV I can hostels say I'm saddened and will not be recommending your service to anyone
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Logged back in to see whether anything has been done on this and realised it was almost a year ago that a change was made to the ideas forum to allow Now TV to gauge the customer desire for improvements in the service.

Here we are another year on (and 3 years since the first mention of subtitles I can find) and still no meaningful progress on this - it's beyond a joke that something that is and has been readily available on the parent company's service (Sky) for some time, is still not available on Now TV and doesn't appear to be on it's way.

Stunning lack of customer focus.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi My Boyfriend & I have recently purchased 2 Now TV boxes for our home. We happily & easily installed them to then discover no subtitles!!! My boyfriend is deaf so how do you suppose we can watch tv together!? How is not having subtitled not discriminating! Please rectify this as soon as possible please or I want sky for the same price! I can't believe in this day & age we can't choose to have subtitles on everything!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ever since 2012 I've been asking Now TV to add subtitles and they still haven't.. why?! It should be required to have subtitles in this day and age!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Honestly need subtitles. I genuinely love NowTV but the lack of subtitles puts me off..