cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

I have a request to be able to send photos and videos from my IOS device onto my TV via my now TV box.

The simpliest way of acheiving this is having Airplay on the NowTV box, which will negate the need for me to use my Apple TV box as this is a primary requirement of mine (we watch family pics and family vids on the main TV after a trip)

There has been talk of using airplay to redirect NowTV to IOS devices, but I just want to replace the functionaily that I have on my Apple TV and have just been informed is also available on Roku (and soon SKY) boxes

If the community cannot suggest new ideas through the 'Ideas board' how can i suggest/request that functionaility ? (or have I just done so)

Many thanks and kind regards

TK

10 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am trying to stream photos and videos from my IOS device to my Now TV box.

When using an Apple TV, it's simple as I can use Airplay.

However, I cannot see Airplay or and alternative method to do the same thing.

Can someone tell me:-

1. If it's possible and if so how to

2. If this functionailty is being developed

3. If it will never work

Many thanks

TK

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'm not aware of anything to get it to work on the current NowTV boxes. It might appear in the future because, the Roku boxes already have it and Sky added a similar feature to their Sky boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick response Artesea,

Will keep my fingers crossed that something comes along in the not too distant future.

I will put a request into the "Ideas for Now TV" forum and see if I can get some interested generated that way.

All the best

TK 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you for the quick response Artesea,

Will keep my fingers crossed that something comes along in the not too distant future.

I will put a request into the "Ideas for Now TV" forum and see if I can get some interested generated that way.

All the best

TK 🙂

Search first Then reply here That you are sure its not currently asked in the Ideas topic.

Then @Anonymous User  and other staff will move copy the post into it...

To stop duplicate spam the ideas section is locked... for creation replies can be made...   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User I'm not aware of anything to get it to work on the current NowTV boxes. It might appear in the future because, the Roku boxes already have it and Sky added a similar feature to their Sky boxes.

lol Its rubbish theres no music controll option on it... you still have the Programme audio coming out the box so you have to mute the TV... 

Side load plex.tv to show images... from your online library or LAN library or phone... to NowTV... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, I've moved your posts to the ideas board so that they can serve as the idea submission.

Thanks,

Tom 

Legend 5
Legend 5
Have you tried the playto app?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:

Have you tried the playto app?

It's Android only.

Legend 5
Legend 5
Another good reason not to pay a fortune for one.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok apologies in advance pretty new to all this but simple enough question. When my now tv box is on pause after several minutes it starts to show photos from my iphone google photos app how can i stop this?