cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Come on guys, there are numerous requests on here for an app for Samsung TVs, there's really no excuse for not having one. Samsung are one of the biggest TV suppliers in the UK, surely you're missing a big market opportunity?

225 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Any update since 2012? Nope because it is just lip service.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It'd be great if there was a smart TV app for Now TV available for Samsung TVs. They're the market leader, so it makes real sense to do this. I'm sick of having to have loads of additional devices and remotes. I bought a smart TV so I didn't have to do this. I'm already an Amazon TV and Wuaki TV customer for this reason. Come on SKY, pull your socks up.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

You guys obviously did not read my comment submitted posted Friday 17 June 2016!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So it looks like the last update from a NOW TV person was from Sarah, suggesting that the feedback had been taken and that we should all watch this space. 

NOW TV, it's been 4 years of space watching. Is there now any progress on an app for Samsung owners, where we don't have to Google Cast or have an Apple TV box?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing yet  Tizen OS has flopped...

Samsung put android on there own portable HDTV and added touch screen...

So they are not even pushing there own OS any more on their own hardware...

NowTV state they have a PR event soon which will included extras not just their next new NowTV upgrade box...

but extras... It will be LGTV with the New box built in... Roku allready did that in USA... 

osm
Mentor

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if any TVs on the UK market use Roku as the OS?

The Roku platform seems to be the most impressive: everything of value on Samsung's platform (BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, 5oD, Netflix, Amazon Video) and also Now TV and Google Play Movies.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@osm wrote:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if any TVs on the UK market use Roku as the OS?

There was some talk that Hisense might offer Roku's OS over in Europe but their 2016 UK televisions all seem to run Opera Smiley Surprised

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There was some talk that Hisense might offer Roku's OS over in Europe but their 2016 UK televisions all seem to run Opera Smiley Surprised

The reason for that was they took over the factory of another company and just changed the badge again... They had to much in production items to dump it all... and start again

They stopped Cloning them else were and paid out right for the production factory to do it legaly 

Sharp TVs are now rebadged Hisense... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I would like a now tv app for my smart TV
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am another waiting for Samsung tv app don't want a box in front of tv if this doesn't change soon I will be cancelling