cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

At the moment, Live TV on the Now TV box is the last of 8 options under the Entertainment menu.  I suggest that Live TV should be made quicker to access by either:

- putting Live TV first or second in the list of options;

- or reducing the number of options;

- or allow users to scroll left from the first option ('Featured') to take them to the last option ('Live TV') in one button press.

Making Live TV more prominent would surely have several benefits for Now TV and Sky.  More people watching live would mean more people watching the adverts, thereby increasing ad revenue for Sky. 

I'm also pretty sure that a lot of people don't know that there are live channels to watch on Now TV.  This service would seem a lot more attractive if it's seen as a budget way to get Sky channels (£4.99 versus £21.50) than as Netflix-type service but with fewer boxsets which expire more quickly (£4.99 versus £5.99).

14 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Definitely this! Couldn't agree more!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I also agree. I use both this and Netflix (who are hiking their prices up to £6.99 from £5.99). So I definately am benefiting more price-wise on NOWTV. However I like all the Sky Entertainment & Movie channels available, so wouldn't agree to less choice, but do agree with moving the Live TV option to a more improved viewing position. Whether or not this will be taken on board for future updates will be remained to be seen.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User   When I say 'reduce the number of options available' I don't mean fewer channels.  I mean the number of options on the menu screen.

Currently to get to 'Live TV' on the Entertainment Pass you have to scroll through 'Featured' 'Catch Up' 'Most Popular' 'New Series In' 'Nailbiters' 'Genres' and 'Channels'.

I don't think all of these options are necessary because they just take you to the same content in different ways.  So I think there's scope to reduce the number of options by a category or two.

But at the moment I would most like to be able to scroll left directly from the first item to the last on all menu screens - and vice versa (e.g. scrolling through the shows on Sky1 would take me through to Yonderland and then directly back to 24 at the beginning).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
How about putting the live tv option at the front of the list? It's a pain having to right click through all the on demand options just to get to the live tv option! which is at the end.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please make it easier for us to watch the Live TV channels! It's annoying that the Live TV section is right at the end of each section (Ent, Movies etc.) so I have to scroll to the end each time!

Also please put the live channels together, for example, the movie channels should just follow on from the entertainment ones because it's irritating having to constantly switch sections.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  If you have a Now TV box or Roku, you should be able to update your box with the new app.

The good news is that Live TV is right at the top of the screen now!

(Ents and Movies channels are still separate, though)

It took a year, but I'm happy that my suggestion was implemented.  I'm not overly happy that 'Channels' (my other main way of browsing) is now at the bottom of the list.  But you can't have everything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @DarylM, any objection to me setting this idea as implemented, given our recent updates to the interface?

I know there are some devices where we still need to roll the improvements out, but we're nearly there.

Thanks,

Tom

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  I consider this to have been implemented, yes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I think that until movies/sports/ents are all on the one EPG this shouldn't be seen as implemented as it's still a hassle trying to get from channel to channel 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User but that's not the idea above, if you want an integrated EPG vote for this idea.