cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

This is a suggestion, but I couldn't seem to it post there.  I'd like to suggest that expiry dates are put on all box sets as soon as they are added, so it's possible to plan viewing & work out if there's actually sufficient time to watch them given how much time an individual has avaiable.  I looked at several at random - Betrayal, Brideshead Revisited, Lost, The Office S01 - none of these had expiry dates on.  I appeciate you have the Leaving Soon section, but IMO it would be more useful to have the information to start with.

22 Comments
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

I agree this would be useful. I don't think the exact expiry date is needed, but an extension of the current 30 day countdown timer would be great.

Again this doesn't need to be exact, but something like a sliding scale of messages, starting with the 30 day countdown, 'more than one month left', 'more than three months left', 'more than six months left' and 'more than a year left' appearing next to content would be a simple and helpful tool for planning viewing.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy 

Thanks for replying, I take your points, I personally think it would be easier just to put the expiry date on, even if it's a year or so.  Viewers can then prioritise box sets as I've noticed quite a few are only up for 2 months or so.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
Expiry dates are now showing for all Entertainment content (Catch-Up and Boxset) on the Apple TV.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andy 

I know this does not help with the Apple TV but I have just read a post from @Anonymous User  saying that he put the boxset info thread back up this should help you untill they sort out the Apple TV

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Entertainment-Available-Box-Sets/m-p/177411#U177411

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy 

Sorry I miss read your post as not showing expiry dates. I should wear my glasses more often Smiley LOL

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@commanda6

Aha no worries, it's more entertaining without the glasses! 😉

Yes, it's good to see expiry dates next to all content on the Apple TV now, if this could also appear on the NOW TV box that would be good.

Of course what I really need now is some sort of watch list with reminders. I'm currently following about 8 or 9 shows on Catch Up and because I tend to get behind with episodes I'm often finding I need to keep checking all the different series to see which episodes are disappearing first! Would be nice if I could add my series onto a watch list which would then provide me with a list of unwatched episodes in the order they are leaving.

Then again if I was more organised and not so forgetful I could probably do that in my head .... But I'm not and I cant! 😄
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've just bought a Now TV box to go with our Apple TV with an entertainment pass & while we really like the selection, I can't understand why we have to go to another site to get full details about box sets.  I'm grateful I read this as Ibwould not have known.  I can't understand why this information isn't on now tv's page?  We're not used to Internet services, but it does seem I have to go to lots of different places to find out things & I don't really understand blogs, it seems very long winded.  We have Netflix & it all seems to be in one place.  We!re not on Facebook either & don't want to be!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also think expiry dates should be added at the time content is added, whether it will be there for 1 year or 1 month.

(I watch via Now TV box)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if you keep an eye on this forum post I now add the timespan to each show. Although this requires the information to be correct and not change once they've been added.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know they are available externally (and many thanks for your hard work) but my wish is for NOW TV to provide these, hence my post Smiley Happy