cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have found recently that the best catagery to look under for films now the new in section has gone is must see! A big but though, although there are great films in this section who is suggesting what is a must see because there are a good 80% that are poor! Is there a way to view films by release date? No one really wants to keep seeing old films popping up and for those of you who say they do (now tv to bulk up your film numbers) a catagery for release dates will allow anyone that wants to watch older films to scroll back to them but the main reason I use now tv is for the latest films of which you have a few but they are lost amongst the tat! You have titles like this is the end, iron man 3, 47 ronin, jack Ryan shadow recruit all great titles under must see after bloody Hannah Montana and 3 yes 3 tinker bell films! Now tv note kids don't pay the bills us adults do move all thes films to a kids section and don't bulk out the other sections with this dribble! Rant over any thing you can do to improve this will be much appreciated

15 Comments
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

You can use the movie explorer on the website to sort through the films. You can choose specific genres down the left hand side, and in the top right hand corner you can sort by release date, recently added or alphabetically.

http://watch.nowtv.com/movies/explorer
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am thinking of cancelling now tv since Latest Films tab has
Disappeared . The films on offer are old and not what I want to see.
I think netflicks looks like a better offer!
It is so frustrating trying to find a way to contact Now Tv.
You can do all sorts of things but you can't make any contact.
After an hour of searching I did find an email address that I wrote to...
to ask why the new film tab had been removed......no surprise , no reply.
It's all look promising and now it looks very poor.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for taking the time to post & give your feedback. The problem is when it comes to content you can't please everyone, so I guess one person's must see is another person's mustn't see. However, the issue of kids content in the entertainment section has been raised many times & a separate kids pas has been suggested as an idea by a lot of customers. It's interesting to see that you've made a similar comment with regards to movies. NOW TV do read these posts and all suggestions made are noted. It has been noticed that the removal of th"New In" section has not been popular with a lot of customers & NOW TV are monitoring the effect it's having on what films customers are watching.

Thanks again for your input, what I suggest is that if other customers agree with any of the suggestions raised here, please also post or if you prefer give kudos.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting. A lot of customers are not happy with this decision & as posted above, NOW TV are monitoring the situation.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
And thanks for your message this info is perfect and the release year on all films is exactly what I was thinking, it is just a bit of a shame that you have to go on the web to get this info it would be amazing to have this through the app on my tv! On a side note is there anyway on the tv app to change setting so movies is the first thing that shows not sport?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Now that's an interesting one, what device are you using?

My NOW TV box when opening the NOW TV seems to always default to the last section I was using (movies, sport or entertainment). I also know that the Apple TV always defaults to the Movies section, so it's probably different depending on device. I'm guessing you use an LG TV app from your post? The short answer is no, there's no settings I'm aware of to force a particular section to always open.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Had a quick look on the ideas board and couldn't see the suggestion, so might be worth adding the idea for options to sort the display of movies on the interface according to A-Z, release date and date added, as per the website's Movie Explorer.

http://watch.nowtv.com/movies/explorer
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just been to the ideas section and it doesn't seem to allow me to add a new idea!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Yeah, community members can't post ideas straight onto the ideas board. This is to make sure ideas don't get repeated several times. The community manager @Anonymous User will review any ideas from posts in the main section of the community, which is why I directed the previous post towards him. When he picks it up he will check the idea hasn't already been submitted and if he thinks it's suitable he will add it to the ideas board for people to comment on. 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

As @Andy mentioned I would, I've reviewed your idea and now moved it to the ideas section.

If we get any news about this, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Tom