cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Would love to see the NowTV search engine improved to incorporate a search feature for Actor and Director.

Hopefully if this gains sufficient interest, then maybe @Anonymous User-R: will move this into the Ideas section of the Community Forums.

20 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes i always want to watch a movie but most of the time cant remember the name but i know who is in it but search engine does not come up with anything 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Same here. Smiley Indifferent

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

You can actually do this already, and some devices which have the older style. NowTV app. I believe you can do this on Youview for example , although do bear in mind that with Youview, you only have access to NowTV on demand movies and nothing else.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Only tested on two of my NowTV devices (NowTV black box and Apple TV 3) and both devices lack this type of search feature.

Sometimes by accident i will come across an Actor / Actress or Director where i enjoyed that particular Movie or TV Show and would like to watch more of their work.

I know i could Google their names or go to places like IMDb etc to check out what other movies / shows that they have "appeared in", but it would be nice just to enter their name into the NowTV search engine to see what content comes up on the NowTV service.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

We also occasionally get a devoted actor's section sometimes on the app. 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Never seen a dedicated section for Henry Cavill though (or have you gone off him and it is somebody else now that you like). Smiley Wink

Yeah noticed that, seen people like Tom Cruise, Will Smith etc, but some of these actors, actresses and directors that i have accidentally come across are not so well known and because i wasn't aware of them previously, i couldn't name any of the movies or shows that they have been in. Smiley Sad 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Heck no!! Mr Cavill is a God 😉

Legend 5
Legend 5
Agreed search by actor is good thing
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV, please make your app searches & sorts on par with your website, & I'll be satisfied 🙂

Why TV+mobile apps search/sort features are so limited when compared to the website?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The ability to search by director or actor for me is a necessary feature. For  most of us we search through things trying to find something we like the look of. If we could just narrow the search to a favourite person it would be great!