cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

help please

Hi

I've an entertainment pass and pay £6.99 a month. I watch now tv on my Apple tv.

I have a few questions.

You can get a now tv box for £19 at tesco which comes with a 6 month entertainment pass.

1. If I bought the now tv box from Tesco could I assume I would get a code? If so could I use that code on the account that I use on my apple tv?

2. Is the Now TV box in anyway better in than the way I currently watch Now TV on my Apple TV?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

1. Yes the code gets applied to your account and can be watched on any devices you have registered to your account(you can have up to 4 registered devices and watch on up to 2 at the same time).

2. Yes the box interface is much improved from the ATV and gets updated regularly. You get access to the watchlist and continue watching features that are lacking on the Apple TV and visually it is much easier to use. There is a brief video demo on this page 

http://help.nowtv.com/article/What-is-a-NOW-TV-Box

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

I've an entertainment pass and pay £6.99 a month. I watch now tv on my Apple tv.

I have a few questions.

You can get a now tv box for £19 at tesco which comes with a 6 month entertainment pass.

1. If I bought the now tv box from Tesco could I assume I would get a code? If so could I use that code on the account that I use on my apple tv?

2. Is the Now TV box in anyway better in than the way I currently watch Now TV on my Apple TV?

thanks

Hi @Anonymous User

@Anonymous User might have to verify what I say here because where Apple TV is involved, things are a little bit more complicated as it is possible to sign up for NowTV on Apple TV using iTunes as well as a standard nowTV account. Whether this would work would depend on how your account is set up

As I understand it, if you sign up for NowTV using iTunes standard NowTV voucher codes will not work. In order for standard voucher codes to work the account you're using would have to be a normal now TV account that was originally created on the now TV website and you would need to be using that standard account on your Apple TV and you would enter NowTV voucher codes through the NowTV website. 

With regard to your second question, the NowTV user interface on the nowTV box is supposed to be far better than it is on Apple TV. I now TV box would also give you access to the majority of the U.K.'s main free to air catch up apps (BBC iPlayer, ITV hub, All4 and demand five) you also get access to YouTube.

EDIT

also see @Andy's post aboveSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 Yes good point, it's easy enough to switch between logging in via iTunes or a NOW TV account on the app, but if the OP is currently logged in with their Apple ID and buying passes via iTunes they would need to cancel the subscription in iTunes and log in with their NOW TV account instead.