cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would of expected freeview channel Pick TV

Suprised that Freeview channel Pick TV is not available on now and next live channels, as I understand it is Sky content so would think it was easy to include .

Other than that UKTV play would be a good addition for apps.

One more idea is since Now TV parent company has shares in Roku and share hardware it is a pity Roku cannot sell or provide a app to allow use of the Roku services via the Now TV  box.   I appreciate Roku Box's cost more hence why I suggested a one off purchased app or monthly subscription app.   I own a Roku 2 ( headphone through remote version ) and yes Now TV app is available on Roku service.   The point of getting a Now TV box was to enable another TV for demand services and give Now TV on  my Roku box in case anyone wonders why.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Jimmytwobox wrote:

Suprised that Freeview channel Pick TV is not available on now and next live channels, as I understand it is Sky content so would think it was easy to include .

Hi @Anonymous User

Pick doesn't just show sky content. It actually owned by sky and is sky's free to air channel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pick_%28TV_channel%29

The channel is used mainly to show content that has become Free to air due to its age. There's also a few new things as well, such as Z Nation.

The nowTV service is intended to show paid content not free to air content and so does not include freeview channels . There may also the some technical reasons why pick isn't available on nowTV, but I won't go into that here or I will probably make you fall asleep Smiley Sad

Cheers Smiley Happy

Commanda6

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Jimmytwobox wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Pick doesn't just show sky content. It actually owned by sky and is sky's free to air channel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pick_%28TV_channel%29

The channel is used mainly to show content that has become Free to air due to its age. There's also a few new things as well, such as Z Nation.

The nowTV service is intended to show paid content not free to air content and so does not include freeview channels . There may also the some technical reasons why pick isn't available on nowTV, but I won't go into that here or I will probably make you fall asleep Smiley Sad

Cheers Smiley Happy

Commanda6

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.