Search
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contributor 1
luke01101

A theoretical entertainment pass price increase...

If there was ever to be a price increase for the entertainment pass on Now TV, would this include the expansion of the channels on offer? I'd happily pay more for a few more channels like Watch, Universal and Syfy but I suppose that it could cannibalize Sky's current subscribers.

Is there a chance of there ever being more channels on offer or at least offering the +1 version of channels (also channels like ComedyCentralX as you already offer ComedyCentral)
Mentor 2
GraphiteGB

Re: A theoretical entertainment pass price increase...

Universal network is so new theres No ondemand TVshows content even on the skys PC/go services...

Just the live streams... So yep it could be added but would not expect it to soon.

+1 is unlikely, has not even been added to the Dish users streaming services for PC and they pay alot more..

New shows should end up in the catch up section... So if you miss a shows first airing. it should end up in the on demand section. yes it does mean waiting a day, other times it means watching a show before its even aired yet as its added as a preview episode...

If you miss a repeat of an old show, then yep its gone... this is no different than the Dish users streaming PC service in that way...

Extra channels. Yes very likely Skys deals with channels licensing change all the time...

Cost Wise it Can't go to high. BT vision box allready does Normal TV channels via IPTV. Its also got the New Movies channel deal as well. Due soon... 

Running Windows 10 preview, Kubuntu 14.10, and Android 4.4
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Beta Tester PS3 and PS4...
Now running Kindle fire TV Box With Chrome and a USB Mouse...
Mentor 5
StuartRogerson

BT offer all the main channels -18 in total for £2 additional fee ie cheapest is £7. It offers Sky Movies for £16 and a swathe of kids channels for £3. Via IPTV. They also don't count the use against broadband allowances. And they set up your account to give priority to your TV channels.

For Now TV to be successful it has to be competitive - with the rethink in prices it has now become so.
Tom-R

I guess it's always possible we'll add more, and of course you'll hear about it here first. As for price, we'll let everybody know well in advance of any change, if/when it happens.

Thanks,

Tom

Contributor 1
maximn

[ Edited ]

Netflix charge £1 extra, and for that you not only get Breaking Bad, BSG, Dexter, Downton Abbey and other top series (in their entirety, bar the most recent seasons), but you also have access to a wide range of movies.

£4.99 is, with the current NOW TV Entertainment selection, of inferior value to Netflix.

I think £4.99 is a good price, but it warrants a vastly increased content base.

Helper 3
the-nadger

Like many others I had Netflix before NOWTV and also find Netflix USA a useful addition.

Overall I'm more likely to drop Film package when my 6 month trial ends.

First Poster
drapz68

I agree Netflix is better for box sets.  May take entertainment back up if I wanted to see something on Sky Atlantic - but would not pay silly money for the privilege.

Added Movies for now but will dip in and out.

Used to have cable and spent lots of money not watching enough.

Netflix is a superior offering at the moment and i don't get any buffering problems unlike little blips with now tv.

Contributor 1
luke01101

Yeah, I'd agree with the comments about Netflix being good value but we can't receive Sky due to trees behind the house blocking the dish - so for us the Entertainment channels on NOW TV are fantastic. I just think it would be great if they could expand their channel offerings since we don't really have a pay TV alternative apart from BT TV except we have fibre with an alternative provider.

Contributor 3
Gleeky

I think to justify a price increase there needs to be more channels and an improved back list/ more available for longer on catch up.

£4.99 is fine at the moment for what you get but a price rise IMO won't be worthwhile without more content in some shape or form.

Contributor 1
luke01101

Yeah, hopefully Sky would agree with that idea.