cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv ios app no longer casting

Hi,

I bought a sky sports week pass today and have been unable to get it working when chrome casting from the Now TV app on iOS devices.  This was working OK about a week ago.  What happens is this:

- I open the Now TV app on iOS and press the cast icon and select the chrome cast name

- "Now TV Ready to cast" appears on the TV

- I press play on one of the channels

- TV screen changes to still image of the relevant programme, with buffering icon in the middle

- It returns to "Now TV Ready to cast" screen

I have latest versions of iOS and Now TV app.  I have restarted apps, router and chrome cast numerous times.

I'd really appreciate a solution to this, as not being able to chrome cast makes a week pass a lot less useful to me.

Thanks
TDB

64 REPLIES 64
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We're sorry for the issues you're having with the chromecast. We're working on this as we speak. Please visit here and subscribe to keep up to date where we will post all our updates.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User This is happening again today, even after getting reassurance this morning from Now TV that the issue was solved. Anyone else still experiencing the issue? How do I fix this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the issue is still ongoing and hasn't been fixed yet. Please click the link in Ranj's post and subscribe to that topic- you'll get an email alert when it's resolved.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, any chance of some kind of update on this situation?  I've subscribed to the other link, but that's a week old now, with no update.

cheers

tdb

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

As I mentioned just above, we'll update it as soon as there's news. Really sorry for the delay. In the meantime you can watch live channels on any other device.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is the Chromecast no longer supported? Like others here, I can't cast any live channels.

Looking at the dates on this thread, the problem seems to have been going on for a couple of weeks now. You should make it clear on your home page that it isn't working - I wouldn't have paid for a pass if I'd known about this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's only for some Chromecasts which have the newer "broken" firmware. Until Google push a new version live tv will continue to fail. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not really bothered about the technical reasons, when I pay for a service I expect it to work.

I just think it should be clear when making the purchase that there might be a problem and maybe show instructions to check the version beforehand.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User thanks for the feedback. We do everything we can to let customers know of issues, but sometimes it's not practical to do so. Chromecast is just one of many devices which you can watch NOW TV on, and it's only a small percentage of Chromecasts which are affected by the issue. This makes it a little unpractical to display a message all of the time when we can't really tell which device someone is planning on watching on.

If you were unable to watch, contact the team using the contact us link at the bottom of the page and I'm sure we'll arrange a refund. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same problem. Both my iPad and my android phone won't cast Nowtv . it does exactly the same as Silverdonny has already mentioned. BBC iPlayer works fine as does the All 4 app.