cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't use phone to control now tv via chromecast

I can cast the first episode of a show to my chromecast but when it finishes the pull-down controls (in android notification tray) don't work anymore.  Up until the first episode finshes they work fine.  I can select the next episode within the app and it'll begin to play via chromecast but the Now TV app still shows the last episode on my phone's screen.  I can move the seek bar but it does do anything.  I've disabled Chromecast's own notification buttons (which didn't work either) but that didn't help.

Sorry - it's really hard to explain!  And because it's using a variety of different devices I don't know where the problem lies.

I'm using a Nexus 5X running Nougat 7.0.

3 REPLIES 3
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User are you wanting to cast the episodes or are you wanting to watch them on your phone?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to cast the episodes.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Would it be possible to make sure that you have the latest NOW TV App installed.

Also if you don't already do so can you leave your Chromecast plugged in to make sure that it receives the latest software updates.

Let us know

Andy