cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 month free game of thrones offer problem

I bought a chromecast with a free 2 month pass to watch game of thrones. After signing up and redeeming the offer on my phone I then proceeded to cast only to be told that I have to wait a month until I can add the chromecast as a device!
What an absolute joke! The website says under the devices section that you can only add 1 device per month. Clearly this equates to only 1 month of casting, so to advertise 2 months free on the chromecast box is highly disingenuous and I am a very unhappy customer. Anybody else found this to be the case? What can be done about it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I bought a chromecast with a free 2 month pass to watch game of thrones. After signing up and redeeming the offer on my phone I then proceeded to cast only to be told that I have to wait a month until I can add the chromecast as a device!
What an absolute joke! The website says under the devices section that you can only add 1 device per month. Clearly this equates to only 1 month of casting, so to advertise 2 months free on the chromecast box is highly disingenuous and I am a very unhappy customer. Anybody else found this to be the case? What can be done about it?

Hi @Anonymous User

This is most likely because you didn't put the nowTV app in cast mode before you started playing content which means nowTV tried to register both the phone and the chromecast as a device. If the app had been in cast mode before you started playing content, then only the chromecast would have been registered as a device.

The advantage of nowTV doing things this way is that it does not matter what device controls the chromecast.

The quickest way to resolve this is to pop onto live chat to get to live chat, click here. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click contact us and then click live chat. You will hopefully be able to watch game of thrones within minutes.

EDIT

@schnapps is quicker than me again Smiley Happy 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you contact NowTV live chat and explain to them nicely your device permitted issue, that may be able to free a device slot for you.

Open the linked page below, click on "contact us" in the green box this will open a new page where you will see an option for live chat.

Recommend using a PC, Laptop or Mac when you contact them.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

This is most likely because you didn't put the nowTV app in cast mode before you started playing content which means nowTV tried to register both the phone and the chromecast as a device. If the app had been in cast mode before you started playing content, then only the chromecast would have been registered as a device.

The advantage of nowTV doing things this way is that it does not matter what device controls the chromecast.

The quickest way to resolve this is to pop onto live chat to get to live chat, click here. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click contact us and then click live chat. You will hopefully be able to watch game of thrones within minutes.

EDIT

@schnapps is quicker than me again Smiley Happy 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We had the same problem but its just cos NowTV thinks of chromcast as a device so if you already have four devices on there you cant add a new one.  Take one of your devices off and add the chromecast on.  It worked for us!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, nobody told me that I must engage chromecast mode or effectively forfeit the 2 months of free chromecast streaming. It just didn't seem reasonable. It just seems like a petit restriction you just wouldn't get with Netflix.
You were absolutely correct though, live chat had the power to allow me to add the chromecast so problem solved. Thanks everybody for your help