cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV version 4 support

New Apple TV launches October 2015.

Will nowtv app be available on New Apple TV version 4 at launch.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and anyone on this thread I may have unintentionally missed 🙂

The NOW TV app for the new Apple TV should be coming out soon, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

300 REPLIES 300
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Come on guys, at least open your app up to Apple so it can be integrated into Siri Search. Right now it is pretty pointless subscribing to Movies when a general Siri search only directs you to iTunes or Netflix content. For example If I search for The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug rough Siri, it will show me that I can watch it through my Netflix Sub or rent/purchase it through iTunes. If I search for something on Sky Movies like Interstellar it will only show me it's available on iTunes. You'll just drop subscribers. It's that the same on the Roku boxes with Universal Search. This isn't something that you are going to be able to brush under the carpet, the customer is always right.. Remember that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I noticed that the PS4 app got an update yesterday. An update to app which already has the current rich media Now TV UI, as well, as Watchlist and Last Played. Classy stuff Sky, keep prioritising apps which don't need updates. It's stuff like this that makes for happy customers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I dumped an alternative provider to move to NowTV on my new Apple telly box.
Obviously disappointed with what I found and am patiently hoping for an update.
My switch goes live on Tuesday - I've got everything including my ears crossed it arrives by then
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Would really like to see a new Apple TV app soon. It is appalling compared to everything else on offer and the Now TV apps for roku and IOS.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Having just bought the new Apple TV I was also amazed to see it doesn't have a My TV section. Surely having a list of recently viewed content and bookmarking your progress should be standard across all devices it certainly is on other services.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is ridiculous. I'm on a 14 day free trial right now and loved Now TV until I saw how bad the app is on my Apple TV, especially not having a watchlist.
But no skin off my back, I'll just not pay for it once the trial expires and go back to netflix. That's clearly what sky want; that tom-r guy posted in November and it's STILL not updated 3 months later.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The nowtv interface in the Apple TV isn't very good. I added films to my tv listings for later viewing on my phone but there isn't a way to access that same list on the Apple TV itself. I am used to selecting films on Netflix using my phone to then watch on my Apple TV but nowtv doesn't show that list if you are using your Apple TV. Can this be fixed please? Other Issue relates to subtitles. It would help a lot of people to have a better experience. My other problem is with the number of devices I can use nowtv with. Several months ago I had registered my old phone and Xbox and now o added my new phone and my apple tv. On the same day o removed my old phone and my Xbox from my account and I wanted to add a new Apple TV for the living room but I have been unable to do so because I had unknowns reached the limit. months ago when i used now tv to watch the football on my Xbox and my old phone now that I have two Apple TVs I wanted to to add them too but then removed my old phone and the Xbox to add my other Apple TV and new phone but because of the restrictions I have been unable to enjoy my subscription at all and I need to wait a whole month. Is there a customer service number that can reset that so that I can set up my devices and fully enjoy my subscription?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky updated the other iOS Now TV apps today with new features, but not the Apple ATV app. The, to be frank, nonsense written here by the mods that all versions are updated fairly is laid bare. The other iOS apps were already vastly more feature rich than the joke that is the Apple TV app, and yet they were somehow ahead in the queue. 

I guess at this point it's clear that the Apple TV app won't be getting any updates. This is it guys, put up with the worst app on the platform or buy a Roku. Classy stuff Sky, great work.  You really know how to treat SUBSCRIBERS well. 

@Anonymous User In view of the info about NOW TV app for tv as documented on this board, I have decided to delay a planned tv upgrade from gen. 2 to gen. 4 for the time being.

Bagged a ROKU 2 (4205EU) for £49 last week on Amazon, so loaded it with all the usual apps (BBC, ITV, C4, C5, YouTube, Flixster, tunein etc) as well as the apps for NOW TV, Netflix, Amazon Video, Google Play. And also the PLEX app which, unlike on the NOW TV gen. 2 box, doesn't need the slightly awkward side-load, and also gives me access to the iTunes library on a Mac mini that is acting as a PLEX server. Throw in the iOS app and it's quite a neat & effective package which I can recommend as an alternative for now,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User we have different development teams for each platform, so the previous explanation still stands. Those teams work on improvements for their respective platforms, so it's not as simple as there being a queue where each device is updated in order.

As previously mentioned, if there are any changes coming for the Apple TV app, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Tom