cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 38

Getting the above error when trying to stream programs on my Sony Xperia Z3. Can watch programs on my PC with no problems

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All of a sudden an Error 38 message on my android tab after months of using now tv on it with no problems...Why?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also suddenly getting Error 38 on my tablet. Was working fine last night and this morning but now can't watch anything.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

whilst they haven't mentioned any error codes, it's possible the problem may be due to an issue identified in the service status here 

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issue-watching-NOW-TV-23-04-2016/m-p/367283#M263

I'd suggest keeping an eye on that post (you can click Topic Options > Subscribe if you want email notifications of changes) and see if it works again once the issue is fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Is this issue ongoing or has this been resolved for you ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And Error 9 on my Movie pass on my android tab! why?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was working fine a few hours ago. Now refusing to play anything and giving me error code 38. All steps above followed, to no avail.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear your getting an error code.

Error 38 covers a few different issues, all related to the Internet connection your using to view NOW TV.

So it could be that your using a VPN to access our services, may be outwith the UK also some workplace /public WI-FI systems could also cause this message if steaming has been restricted on that network.

What type of connection are you using ?

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi i am receiving error code 38 on my samsung tab3 when ever i try to play something. The message says. Sorry something went wrong. Error 38. And to contact suppirt if this continues. 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to see your getting an error message on your tablet. Some of the reasons this message might show are:

- Your outside the UK

- Your using a VPN

- Your on a secure network used for work or shared accommodation

Please let us know if none of these apply to you and let us know who your Internet provider is.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cant watch it on my samsung s7 edge whys that?