cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android Nougat

Hi,

Is there an ETA on when the app will be updated to support Android nougat? My tablet updated and won't roll back to marshmallow so I'm nowtv-less on my tablet until the update releases.

Thanks, 

Shane

37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

You could always follow the guide on this post about upgrading to the Beta App that support's Android Nougat.

If you get Error code 9 after upgrading, deinstall the app and then reinstall.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I looked for the beta version on the store and can't find it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

You won't find the Beta version on the Google Play Store, Please can you click on the link in my last post to you and follow the guide to upgrade.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was wondering if anyone can help or having the same issues here.

I have two Nexus 9 tablets on which the kids access Now TV, in the last day or so one has received the latest Android update and since then the Now TV app opens OK and you can run  of it but as soon as you ask it to play on the device you receive an Error.  The stranger thing is it will allow you to cast to a TV from the same device.

My second Nexus 9 continues to work without issues on Android 6.0.1

Any assistance anyone can offer would be apprecaited

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am having the same problem on a nexus 5x with the 7.0 update
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

You won't get the answers your looking for in the PC bit of the forum, so I have moved your post to the Android section where u will find the answer to your problems 🙂

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have contacted Now TV and am awaiting contact from their technical team.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The answer is above @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@Kumnaa@Anonymous User

Thanks for bearing with us while our team continued to work on our new Beta App.

The good news is that the Beta is now available for download.

This Beta is to test  the app's compatibility with the Android N operating system.

To take part in the Beta trial please follow the instructions below :

1. Open the Google Play Store
  2. Search for the NOW TV app
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will  see an option that says ‘Become a beta tester’ (image below)
  4. They can then select ‘IM IN’ and follow the steps.

test.jpg

It can take upto 2 hours for the Beta update to come through to your phone.

If you get error 9 when trying to view after updating then please uninstall the NOW TV App from your device and then reinstall it and this error should stop.

Once you are a Beta tester you will be able to pass feedback directly to our team via the Google Play Store - please do this for any error you get with the app.

1. Open the Google Play Store
  2. Search for the NOW TV app
  3. Scroll to the middle of the page and you will see an option that says "Enter Feedback about the app"

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Just updated to the beta and tested the viewing capability. It gets as far as the play screen and then crashes with an 'error 9' message and a suggestion to get a hold of you guys again about it if it persists, which it has. So, just letting you know. 

Thanks