cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android Nougat

Hi,

Is there an ETA on when the app will be updated to support Android nougat? My tablet updated and won't roll back to marshmallow so I'm nowtv-less on my tablet until the update releases.

Thanks, 

Shane

37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have a word with your tablet maker...

because N is not a public release even on NEXUS devices...

Forcing BETA on users is against Google T&C...

The NowTV app like every other app that won't work with BETA software will be patched for N when N is not beta... which will be as late as september google said...

Most devices are still waiting for the latest M update patch to go over the air to devices... 

Kumnaa
Scholar

Nougat had just been released. Is there any update on this?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat.

My Pixel C has updated to Nougat (not a beta version but the public release) and the Now TV app will not play content.

When will this be fixed?

I'm amazed that this issue has occurred considering how long the Nougat Beta has been available to developers for testing their apps so that they work for release day.

I expect more of Sky.

Tim

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have just had Nougat downloaded. Was going to sit and watch a film and hey ho, Now Tv has stopped working. Wtf? I have another week left on this month's movie pass and my entertainment pass has just rolled into the new month. Expensive this company is anyway, with under par picture/sound quality to begin with. Why am I paying for a service I cannot access? Greedy corporations make me ill. And it's not just the film I'm missing it's now nearly two hours of my evening trying to sort it out. My evening is now coming to an end and what should have been a happy head immersed in other worlds, is instead a kinda ###### off head that will hit the pillow gurning. Wtf wtf wtf? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All

I will try and get an update as to when the NOW TV App will be updated to support Nougat.

As soon as I have any news I will let you know.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hopefully soon as my entertainment pass has just renewed for a new month and my movie pass due to renew within the week. Will I be allowed a refund if you can't get it sorted? I can't afford to just give away money!!

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

So I have the following update from the development team :

"

We’re in the final stages of preparing a version of the app to release into our beta channel next week.

This required significant technical updates which is why a beta test is required, but we’ll provide instructions on how to be included in this once we make the version available."

So in answer to your question @Anonymous User this should be released next week all being well.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the update.

Movies for the bank holiday are a no no then.

Guess I better get to the library and take out some books as I can't afford to get Netflix while I'm waiting, my monthly entertainment budget being tied to you. Cheers!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it shows now tv were looking at this in august with no response since then? i too have been upgraded to nougat and now tv is not playing content. do i cancel my subscription and wait ? its nearly a month since your response and nothing ?