Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too feel this is unacceptable due to the disability discrimination act.

This has to be an open beta program. As there are too many problems within the UI.

Why should we the customer have to make suggestions that anybody with an ounce of sense would have implemented in the service at launch.

My opinions are my own.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi 37869,

Thanks for posting,

I'm really sorry you feel let down by this, I must reiterate dre's point that we have seen a lot of demand for this, we can't always say why something you believe should have been implemented wasn't done so at point of launch but we will endeavor to improve our service and having your voices here on the community is a great indication of what you want to see change.

Your feedback and comments are always greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

NOWTV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wahidndee, both Netflix and Love Film have subtitles!   

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I bought this as I knew it had a close caption setting. After spending a day trying to work out why they are not working, finally saw on this that you do not have them. I'm a little confused, as I thought you would have them if I had a sky box.

Also, you can't even get the subtitles on BBC iPlayer on itv cathup too.

I have a hearing problem and rely on them. Also with the sound quality I can barely even hear voices on your system.

If I had know about this in the first place, I would have not bought the box. I will now have to cancel my subscriptions to your services as they cannot be used.

The shame is that Netflix have great audio and subtitles so will use this instead.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Now TV programming dept, 

I have read some threads about subtitles and I realised that this is something that people are complaining since 2012! Any progress on the subject? Is this something that the team is interested in updating?

Could you please let me know if the team is interested in providing this feature to Now TV? 

Best regards, 

Juan 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. At present we do not support Audio descriptive or subtitles on NOW TV. 

However, we are always looking at ways to improve the NOW TV service for our customers. 

Kind Regards, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl. I kindly ask your now team to make subtitles please very mach.... It is deadline for your future!  😃 Pleeeeease !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all. I use subtitles for all my viewing. Does NOW TV know there are 9 million adults in the UK with hearing loss? That's a big market segment! I was just about to join NOW TV (Via the kelloggs 2 month pass offer) - but will not until you have subtitles.

Legend 5
Legend 5
You could also ask why no audio description for blind people
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I will request a continuous improvement of the services to keep the supply in the lead.

Is Now Tv keen to improve the service with subtitles and audio description?

Thanks,
Juan