Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting Tom. You said the service was unsure whether subtitles would be provided or not. And yet there are many many posts from your colleagues stating subtitles are hoping to be made available in the near future? Which is it then? Why are Sky so afraid to give it's customers a clear indication of when the subtitles will be available. Since 2012 Sky have been banging on about subtitles being made available. It may be hard work to implement but you've had AMPLE time to do so!!!!!!

HOLD YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.....DISCRIMINATING AGAINST THOSE PEOPLE WITH A DISABILITY.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Below is one of the many replies from Now Tv agents. Bear in mind this reply was 2012. Where are Now Tv in regards to it's implementation of subtitles?
NOW TV Team Lawrence-G

Lawrence-G
Re: subtitles
Options
‎15-12-2012 14:06
aiko1994 wrote:
I would like to be able to have subtitles on films, like they have on dvd's as it would help people that are hard of hearing
Hi aiko1994,

At this moment in time NOW TV doesn't support subtitles. The writing is on the wall for us in regards to subtitles, and as such it is high up on our list of our priorities. Rest assured we are looking into as we want as many people to enjoy our service as possible.

I hope this answers your query and you are still able to enjoy NOW TV.

Many thanks,

Lawrence
NOW TV Team
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't vouch for things members of the team said almost a year and a half ago- I wasn't even here then. The up to date information is that included in my post just above these ones.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The point being tom they all said it was being worked on.

Now a year and a half later you state not sure subtitles are even being considered!!!!!

Too blame someone else stating you were not there is poor service is it not?

Does that therefore men that the agents were telling blatant untruths?

Since all that time ago exactly what developments have taken place to action subtitles on the service?

Andy
Anonymous User
Not applicable
A reply would be appreciated.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I've got nothing else to add to the information I shared on the previous page. As soon as there's news, I'll share it, but until then I'll simply keep referring back to that post.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable
And your reply goes to prove just how little you think of your customers and the feedback you consistently ask people to provide. Now TV don't give one jot about it's hearing impaired customers both existing and potential. I've clearly demonstrated that from the post above. Since 2012 they've not actioned anything whatsoever to enable subtitles on their service. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tom: This is a bit ridiculous, and your post just confirms that this is not in NowTV's list of priorities right now.

Practically any competitor has support for subtitles. You define this as "incredibly complex": I can't think of any video streaming technology/infrastructure that makes it hard to include subtitles, so it's probably just a matter of getting things sorted between your internal services. You compare this effort to the support to Android tablets: the reality is that adding subtitles to even one of the platforms (say, web) is certainly a much smaller effort than developing an app for a new platform.

Consider that this is an accessibility issue, it should be a top priority no matter if the percent of users interested in this is low.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The adding of subtitles should be a top priority for Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree, I just subscribed to Now TV and I am very disappointed there are no subtitles. This is very much needed, all the other services have it.