Search

First Poster
alex69
Accepted Solution

Cancel my NOW TV account and remove all my details.

I would like to Cancel my NOW TV account and remove all my details, including my bank details. So I will no longer be charged by this service.

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Leon-M

Re: Cancel my NOW TV account and remove all my details.

Hi alex69,

Thanks for your message, we're sorry to hear that you wish to cancel.

You can find out how to cancel your subscription here.

Kind Regards,

Leon

NOW TV Team

First Poster
alex69

How do I stop paying for the Sky movies pass?

NOW TV Team
Michael-H

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your post in which you requested the removal of your personal information from Sky’s systems.

It may help if I explain that we need to retain information relating to you in order to maintain our records of current and previous customers. We also need to retain it for audit purposes and related legal purposes.

I can assure you that the information we hold about you is kept securely and will be deleted in line with our retention and destruction policy at an appropriate stage.

I trust that you can appreciate that currently we are unable to remove your information as per your request; for the reasons set out above. 

If you have any further questions you can email or write to our Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com or DP Team, BSkyB Ltd, Grant Way, Isleworth, TW7 5QD.

Also to cancel the subscription so that no charges occur please follow the steps below,

Log in to your account online via a Laptop/PC; Go to My Account which should be at the top of the page; Click on Manage/Change my payments; Then turn Auto Renew off.

I hope that this clarifies any questions that you have had.

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

survey.png

Rookie
noxskuses

Remember to also remove all devices from your My Account section Alex or you'll automatically start a new subscription if you (or your kids) watch a film.

"..You can reactivate your subscription at any time by watching a movie on NOW TV and a new subscription will automatically start for you.." 

I wonder how many people have switched the 'do not renew' button, thinking they have cancelled their subscription, only to have it started again when they (Or their kids) try to watch a film again?

This is one of those scams that is hidden behind 'we're just trying to make everything conveninent for you' marketing ploys, but the only one benefitting from it is Sky.

It's a scam plain and simple. Cancellation should mean cancellation with no way to 'accidently' start it up again. 

As for keeping ex-members credit card and bank account details for 'audit purposes' also seems very dodgy. I for one don't like the idea of my credit card details being kept on your server for as long as you like, not matter how secure you think it is. I suspect Sony thought the same thing before they were hacked and thousands of their members details were stolen.

NOW TV Team
Jason-C

Hi noxskuses,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We do indeed allow people the option to resubscribe after their subscription has ended by watching a movie again, and this is done by clicking the 'Subscribe to play' button after signing into the account.

If you're worried about other people turning your subscription back on, we recommend changing passwords on the account and setting up the Payment/Parental PINs on the My Account page - or the appropriate controls on other devices such as Xbox etc.

This should ensure your subscription does not start again without signing in with the correct details, clicking a movie/channel, clicking 'subscribe to play', and entering the PINs you've set up. A lot for a child to get through!

If at any time you feel you've been erroneously charged, simply get in contact with us, and I'm sure we can resolve things quickly. :smileyhappy:

I understand your concern though, but as Michael mentions above, your details are held securely in accordance with Payment Card Industry standards and will be securely deleted in line with our data retention and destruction policy at an appropriate stage.

You can of course write to our Data Protection team if you need any further details.

Kind regards,

Jason

NOW TV Team

First Poster
Caoimhin7

I would like to cancel my now tv account and remove all my details includingmy bank details so i will be no longer be charged by this service
NOW TV Team
Michael-H

Hi Caoimhin,

Thanks for getting in touch with your query, sorry to hear that you want to leave us.

To cancel the service please follow these steps:

Log in to your account online via a Laptop/PC; Go to My Account which should be at the top of the page; Click on Manage/Change my payments; Then turn Auto Renew off

In regards to removing your bank details please click on this link which you may find most helpful.

Thanks for trying out our service.

Kindest regards

Michael

NOW TV Team

survey.png

First Poster
Jamieskan2

I only wanted to use the free trial and have just had a bill for my second month ! I already have full sky in my house , and don't need to pay twice for same films !!!
NOW TV Team (Retired)
Mo-D

Hi Jamieskan2,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've sent you a private message regarding your account.

Regards,

Mo

NOW TV Team