Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

subtitles

462 REPLIES 462
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User You say that Tom however I would draw your attention to the following post I made not that long ago. Your response (if you call it that) was to dismiss what any other agents have advised in the past. That would mean therefore that the agent's reply was an untruth or at very best just a fob off!!!!

What actions have Now TV put in place to ensure subtitles are provided? Lawrence indicated back in 2012 it "was high up on your list of priorities". Clearly not high enough!! and the "writing was on the wall", I presume this was the Berlin wall as the writing like the wall have long gone!!!!!

**Below is one of the many replies from Now Tv agents. Bear in mind this reply was 2012. Where are Now Tv in regards to it's implementation of subtitles?
NOW TV Team Lawrence-G

Lawrence-G
Re: subtitles
Options
‎15-12-2012 14:06
aiko1994 wrote:
I would like to be able to have subtitles on films, like they have on dvd's as it would help people that are hard of hearing
Hi aiko1994,

At this moment in time NOW TV doesn't support subtitles. The writing is on the wall for us in regards to subtitles, and as such it is high up on our list of our priorities. Rest assured we are looking into as we want as many people to enjoy our service as possible.

I hope this answers your query and you are still able to enjoy NOW TV.

Many thanks,

Lawrence
NOW TV Team **

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I have a free trial again? As I've used up last time which I hardly touched it! 😞

Don't want to risk waste money if there arent enough subtitiles.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wonder if we all wrote to Watchdog, they would take this up. Dont tell me with all the resources at Sky's disposal that they cannot put subtitles on.

It just doesnt wash with me. 

Chrissy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any progress with implementing subtitles? It is essential for deaf/ hard of hearing people

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My view is this..and always has been : yes...NOW TV should have subtitles to cater for that part of the viewing population that are partially sighted / blind ! However...Now TV are not the only streaming service out there..and people that aren't happy with the service on offer should just simply move to another supplier that does support subtitles ! I...for one am happy with the Now TV service .... apart from the times their service goes down...However..if I was blind etc...I would obviously just opt for a service that caters for my disability !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

actually there is only one online streaming service that offers some subtitles and that is netflix... we are sky customers, but we can not watch all the channels as some do not cater for deaf people and same for their on demand service. So we will always press every company to stop excluding a huge amount of people in the Uk from using their service. I have bought this matter up with lovefilm also, but their director of services is frankly rude and arrogant to the needs of the disabled community.

We need laws that force their hands.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have searched this forum AFTER purchasing a six months entertainment pass specifically to watch Falling Skies on Fox TV. I now find that there are no subtitles even 2 years on from the first requests. At no time in the sign up process was I made aware that NOW TV do not do subtitles. All DVD versions of Falling Skies have been subtitled and as I am deaf this has been wonderful. We were so looking forward to the new Series 4 that we decided the only way to get it was via NOW TV as a full SKY package is frankly beyond our means. Now I have a £34 box of tricks that is frankly USELESS to me!!

Can I get a refund?!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Following on from yesterday, I "chatted" via their contact us page to one of NOW TV's customer service people last night. Turned out he was in INDIA!! Anyway, he refused a refund on the grounds that "it was not their policy to refund on the grounds which I had stated...i.e. I am deaf and NEED subtitles and without them the NOW box was just an expensive paperweight. I asked to speak to a Supervisor but was told none were available. I was told to call back "at 08:00 am"...I was pretty sure the guy was not UK by his typed responses, so I asked was that 8:00 am GMT?...he said no he was in India so it was 08:00 Delhi time! That would make it 03:30 GMT.

I got into Chat again later this morning and had a much better experience. I was initially told they could do nothing for me; however when I mentioned about the Closed Caption utility of the box settings (which does not work) and stating that I felt this was a breach of the DDA, their responses changed and they said they would sort it out. This afternoon I received confirmation of my refund....I will believe it when its in my Bank!! They want the box back of course.  I hope this might help other deaf/hard of hearing customers who have been let down so badly for the past 2 years.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bikemedic999,

I'm really sorry about the experience you had via live chat.

We don't offer subtitles at the moment, and don't yet have confirmed plans to do so. In that circumstance we of course don't expect you to pay for a pass you can't use, and will provide a refund.

I'll be passing on your details to be looked into, in order to ensure that other customers get a better experience next time.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

don't yet have confirmed plan to do so???  You have had ages to confirm some plans.

I have just cancelled my movies and entertainment pack.

Complete disgrace in 2014.

Rather that reply back with some useless template response about howwe do not offer subtitles at the moment ( hey, we worked that bit out, we are deaf not thick ) how about you spend the time confirming some plans.