cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again."

I have now been on Live Chat 3 times, emailed twice and still no result. I have been told I have an IRELAND card, because I have a bank of ireland UK VISA DEBIT. I live in Northern Ireland - PART OF THE UK. My card literally has UK visa debit written on it.

Everytime I talk to someone new they tell me the same thing, which is ridicuous as I live in the UK and have a UK card.

Each time I enter in my card details it comes up with the message "We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again."

Can anyone help?

261 REPLIES 261
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you so much!! Issue now resolved

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can successfully sign in to sky, but i can't create a now TV account because they cannot authorise a payment from my card, for some reason, even though I have a free 2month cinema pass and haven't setup an account before, therefore I should be entitled to 14days free anyway.
Please could you email me and let me know why please. Much appreciated.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Make sure you have entered the correct details and that there is credit available on the account.

Whilst no charge is taken when you sign up, NOW TV do request a 10p authorisation to check it's a valid card you've entered, this amount isn't actually taken out (it's reserved against your limit and then released again) however some banks do show this 10p temporarily on your statement.

In addition you may have problems if you try using a pre-paid card rather than a bank-account or credit card.

If you still have problem you could try having a word with live chat. To get there go to the following help page.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Sign-up-1014

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just to add to what @Andy has stated.

You will need to have funds on the card so we the bank can authorize it even with a voucher or a trial.

If there's money on the card it's worth speaking to your bank to check their not blocking payments to NOW TV, even though the card might be fine it's worth asking them to check if any transactions for NOW TV are being blocked.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My mastercard was sufficient for my free trail, and the next month for the sky cinema.

I'm trying to use the same card to buy a trial entertainment pass... but i'm now inexplicably told my payment can't be processed... I've checked my card details and a message saying "We are unable to validate your card details. Please check and try again." 

All the details are correct... so why is the system not accepting my details? Don't they want my money?!?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Make sure there are funds available on the card (even though it's a free trial) and try re-entering the details on your My Account > Payment Details page again (even though it's the same details)

http://account.nowtv.com/payment-details

and if you still have trouble pop onto live chat who can check what the issue is.

To get to live chat, go to the following help page and click the Start Live Chat button.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Sign-up-1014

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Setting up my now account as just bough a box with a free entertainment pass. When entering card details keeps coming up with error message "payment not authorised" and won't let me go any further
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User if the payment is not authorised this may be an issue with your bank.  You need funds in there for the authorisation process.  Now uses cards to verify its users.  It makes a token payment of 10p which does not actually leave your account.  It is worth checking the card company have not blocked Now payments.   If you still have difficulty post back.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: Error 1014: Payment not authorised?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi, 

Sorry to know about our experience. 😞

If the issue is still observed please make sure that the bank is not blocking any further transactions or card validation from NOW TV to your account.

For further assistance speak to us on live chat.

Cheers!!