cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unauthorised Payments Taken

Hi, this is my first posting.  I initially had NowTV on a free 30 day trial which began beginning December.  I renewed myself for a 3 month pass in January which had £20.99 taken from my account which was authorised.  However I noticed today that there is a charge of £6.99 taken from my account and when looking on purchase history it shows I have purchased a Sky Sports one day pass.  This is totally unacceptable and duly unauthorised.  I would expect my next payment for the movies to be in early Apr.  How do I get my payment back.  I have tried to get on the 'live chat' but to no avail, and you cannot access the email either.  Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that this happened. @Anonymous User is right, we are unable to purchase anything on behalf of customers and I also recommend to add the Payment PIN.

I will be sending you an email shortly.

Cheers,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

67 REPLIES 67
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User NowTV wouldn't just buy a Sports pass on your card. Do you have a NowTV box? Only I've found my 1 year old press the correct buttons on the remote to bring up the screen asking me to confirm.

I'd suggest adding the Payment Pin via My Account to protect yourself from future unwanted purchases.

As for Live Chat, I've just checked and it's there right now. If you start at this page http://help.nowtv.com/article/Sky-Sports-Day-Week-Pass and then click the Contact Us button you should get to a page with Live Chat and Email.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

You have recently sent me an email stating that I have taken the sky movies package for 1 month and that a payment of £9.99 has been taken and will continue to be taken monthly. I have not taken this package and do not understand how you have taken the payment without authorisation. Please refund me and cancel the package for the future. I have also found it annoyingly difficult to get in touch with your team.

Helen

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear this. As this is an account related query I will send you an e-mail very shortly. 

Please keep an eye out on your account.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have also recieved an email stating you have taken 6.99 for entertainment package?!?! what on earth is all that about?!?!?! and surprise i cant get to live chat!! i want a refund asap else i am taking this higher, this is the 3rd time you have tried ripping me off to say im fuming at the least!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi same thing happened to us been withnow tv for a while but recently duplicating payments take n money from  our account unauthorised tried to contact  sent several emails  no joy  not even had the decency to reply to our emails no phone number so we have cancelled our passes and instructed the bank not to let any further transactions leave our bank terrible customer service no help when you need it will not recommend to anyone else overall disgusted with the whole thing 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am aware that i am on a package for the entertainment package that is 7.99 for 4 months but so far you have taken three lots of 7.99 payments and there is another due in july... i am confused. it was supposed to be 7.99 for 4 months only.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i wrote the wrong package - it isnt the entertainment package , it is the movies package

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting

I can confirm that the offer your referring to, which is an offer that's made automatically when you go to cancel is for £7.99 per month for four months not four months for £7.99.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I had 2 months free movie access that expired on the 25/2/16. I logged into my account to try to cancel the subscription and looked at my passes and there was no cancellation option. I can now see that a payment has been taken out of my bank for £9.99.

i have taken a screen shot of what I can see in my account to prove that there was no option to cancel. Can you provide me with an email to do this. What I would like is a refund and details on how to cancel the subscription. Thanks