cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I close my account and remove my details? I don't want my details to be stored after trial

Hi,

How can I remove all my details from the NowTV website. It states that my account will be reactivated I watch another movie. I don't want this option. I want all my details (credit card, address, email etc) deleted after the trial has ended.

Thanks

1,571 REPLIES 1,571
Anonymous User
Not applicable

where do I go to see when my free pass is finished and to cancel my account without my card loosing money as not be watching thanks please help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

you dont have to keep card details if i ask them to be removed you have to you have no legal right to keep them as there is nothing on your site to remove only up date will be speaking to my bank 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

get me and my details off this site now please. this is not the first time i have tryed to do this. end subscriction now

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi tlovely,

Thanks for getting in touch. Apologies for any issues you've had with NOW TV.

To cancel your account, please follow the simple steps available here: Account & Billing FAQs.

Regarding your request to remove details: we do need to retain some information relating to you in order to maintain our records of current and previous customers. We also need to retain it for audit purposes and related legal purposes.

I can assure you that the information we hold about you is kept securely and will be deleted in line with our retention and destruction policy at an appropriate stage.

I trust that you can appreciate that currently we are unable to remove your information as per your request; for the reasons set out above. 

If you have any further questions you can email or write to our Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com or DP Team, BSkyB Ltd, Grant Way, Isleworth, TW7 5QD.

That said, I'll also be sending you a Private Message, in order to discuss sensitive account details.

Kind regards,

Jason

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I want to CLOSE my account and DELETE everything related to my personal and card details. I ALREADY switch-off auto-renew option, so don't need to tell me (again...) how to switch-off the auto-renew. I understood you have to keep data for legal (and surely for other crap) reasons. So how long is you data retention policy? Be clear plz.

Regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Boby974,

Thanks for getting in touch with your post. We fully appreciate that you would like an exact time frame for when your details will be removed, however this request would need to be taken up with our Data Retentions Team who would be able to clarify.

As mentioned in Jason-C's post regarding the contact details and how to proceed forward. 

If you have any further questions you can email or write to our Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com or DP Team, BSkyB Ltd, Grant Way, Isleworth, TW7 5QD.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I've set my Now TV account to not auto-renew and indeed it hasn't (having logged in to check that everything was done and I've confirmed that my credit card was not charged with a new payment, so that all seems fine). However, my credit card details are still there, and I don't seem able to remove them.

I'd like to be able to remove them for security / protection reasons, since I can see at least two risks in leaving my card details on your site: (i) that Sky's systems are hacked or compromised revealing my card or personal details, and (ii) that my Now TV account login is hacked or compromised allowing payments to be made that I haven't authorized.

I understand that there will be operational reasons for keeping hold of my cardholder details behind the scenes for a short period (in case of queries and mistakes, and to prevent fraud, and so on), but I'd really like to remove the details from the Now TV account when I log in over the internet, so that they can't be used - that is, to at least guard against risk (ii) above. Can you let me know how I do this?

Thanks very much in advance,

David.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi n-a

Thanks for your post.

As your issue is account sensitive, I have sent your a private message regarding your request.

Kind Regards

Adrian

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I would also like to remove my card details asap, please contact me.

Thanks

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi KA47,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we are unable to comply with your request at this time as we need to retain this information for audit and fraud prevention purposes.

Your details are held securely in accordance with Payment Card Industry standards and will be securely deleted in line with our data retention and destruction policy at an appropriate stage.

I trust that you can appreciate that currently we are unable to remove your information as per your request; for the reasons set out above. 

If you have any further questions you can email or write to our Data Protection team at dp@bskyb.com or DP Team, BSkyB Ltd, Grant Way, Isleworth, TW7 5QD.

Kind regards,

Jason

NOW TV Team