cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

maximum number of devices error 6003 - only 2 devices registered

Hi, I have just set up my NOWTV box for the first time and it is saying i have reached the maximum number of devices.  The website and ipad app show only 2 registered devices and it should allow 4?

Appreciate some help.

Thanks

557 REPLIES 557
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for contacting us on the NOW TV Community. 

Sorry to hear that you're unsatisfied with the device limits currently on NOW TV. 

Whilst you're limited to registering a certain number of devices, you can easily manage these at any time via the manage devices page at NOW TV.COM.

You can also make one change from the 1st of each calendar month to your registered devices once you've reached your four devices.

We're always looking at new ways to improve the service, and we may look at changing this in the future. 

Thanks for your feedback.

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can also make one change from the 1st of each calendar month to your registered devices once you've reached your four devices.

This is the major problem there.

I can't make changes because I then have to come on these forums asking for my device limit to be reset which i've had to do twice now.

Just do what amazon and netflix do and only restrict streams. Limiting both devices and streams just seems like overkill and not a good way to retain customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
What a useless answer from Now TV. I am very frustrated by this restriction for the same reason. Considering it's a pay service, it's the most restrictive of all vendors. It doesn't make me want to stay.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Device limit too restrictivee

I am glad I've seen comments on this forum about device limits, as it is greatly frustrating especially when Netflix seem to have got the balance right. Having just four devices to connect to I might be able to understand, however that's

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for contacting us on the NOW TV Community. 

Sorry to hear that you're unsatisfied with the device limits currently on NOW TV. 

Whilst you're limited to registering a certain number of devices, you can easily manage these at any time via the manage devices page at NOW TV.COM.

We're always looking at new ways to improve the service, and we may look at changing this in the future. 

Thanks for your feedback.

Steve

NOW TV Team 

not the biggest issue for me...its the fact I only want to swap around a couple of devices I think ill use more often, BUT find myself waiting over a month to change it and now can't even watch a movie which i've paid money for each month! It does make you feel your not a valued customer and if that's the case I will take my business else where and not use sky product again, if they can not see the bigger picture and want people to keep using their products.

Kind regards,

James

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is becoming a big issue for me. I have an ipad and iphone that I use to cast NowTV to my chrome casts, in my bed room and living room. Instantly I have maxed out device limit, this means I can't watch not TV on my PS4 or laptop. This is ridiclous. If this issue is not resolved by Febuary I will end my subscription and move to Nexflix, I hope anyone else facing this issue to also join me!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if you don't watch NOW TV on your actual phone or tablet, they don't need to be one of the four to use your Chromecast (just ensure the cast button is pressed before playing), however if you use those 2 you'll then need to pick which four from your 6 devices you find works best for you. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, but my issue is that I can't have access to NowTV on all my devices. This makes no sense, if you are paying for a service you would expect to be able to use it on any compatible device. When I got away I cannot watch NowTV on my laptop. This issue is going to impact the sales of NowTV. I hope sky address this issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

the device limit is idiotic.  I have ranted on about this many times.  2 kids with tablet, pc & tv each, my computer, tablet & TV, plus game consoles and we are at a lot of devices, not to mention smart phones.

here is an email response from 06/05/2015

A long time to work on something and still fail....

Ref: 00829887

Thank you for contacting us.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the device limit at NOW TV.

I understand your concern, I agree that there should be no limit to add the device on your an account.

But to provide better picture and streaming quality we have kept device limit on the account.

As you stream the NOW TV content on too many device you might get buffering issue or picture quality will be low.

As we have received any feedback from the customer to increase the limit of the device from 4 to 8.

Our team is working on to increase the limit from 4 to 8 and it will be update at the earliest and we'll inform you at the same.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too agree that this 4 device limit is a joke! We have 4 tv in our house, 3 ipads and 2 smart phones so are very limited to what we want to watch and dont go on about deleting and adding devices because thats an even bigger joke! It wouldnt be so bad if you could change devices as often as you liked but 1 a month, cmon wise up!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just wanted to drag this topic up again, this device limit is archaic and with Now TV asking me to complete surveys that suggest the pricing and pass model will change soon, I.e more money for even less, it HAS to be binned. 

Come on Now TV, Netflix, Amazon, even WWE,  manage to work by restricting amount of concurrent streams on an account, why can't you???